Skip to main content

I WILL TELL YOU MY STORY TODAY..... JUST READ IT!

I was diagnosed of hypertension at the age of 28yrs when I was expecting my second child.Although my mum was hypertensive and I was at risk developing hypertension,I didnt know it could be that early.I was also obese(100kg) and was going through alot of stress at that period too.But I still didnt think of Pregnancy Induced Hypertension at that age.During my 8th month of pregnancy,I was rushed to the maternity OPD due to high blood pressure(150/100).I was seen by the doctors but all attempt to control my blood pressure proved futile.My blood pressure was just escalating(164/102) and they had no other choice than to perform an urgent caesarean section to save me and my baby at the 8month.It was a very terrible period for me.I thought my blood pressure could be controlled so that I go through normal delivery as my first child when the time is due.Hmmm.... I had to consent to the surgery after several persuasion from the doctors.I had a successful surgery and we were both saved.After the caesarean section,I was put on some anti hypertensive drugs(low doses) but my blood pressure was abit higher(140/100).Then I was discharged home successfully but to continue the antihypertensive drugs.This was when the whole trouble began.....
I didnt want to accept the fact that I will be taking these drugs for weeks,months and years after delivery.No way!I stopped taking my medications and even stopped checking my blood pressure at home.Just oneday,I started feeling uncomfortable at work and a colleague decided to check my blood pressure.It was Hell!178/122mmHg.I couldnt believe it myself.We went to see a doctor after several persuasions....I know you will be wondering why Im stubborn and playing with my life,Its called "denial",I knew every information about hypertension but didnt want to accept it.I went through a serious counselling with my doctor after several investigations done.I became more serious with my life after the death of my mum too.I started taking my medications daily whiles I burn more fats to reduce weight through  mild exercises.I dropped from 103kg. to 70kg.Then I saw a drop in my blood pressure readings too.Currently,my blood pressure is mostly below 120/80mmHg and my doctor has put me off the medications but still under close monitoring and supervision of my BP readings.I didnt know my weight was killing me slowly.I dont know your story but all that I know is that hypertension kills about 7million people globally per year and I dont want to be a victim.Check what you take into your body and its health benefits.Remember to exercise frequently to be fit.Try and figure out what is increasing your blood pressure readings and solve it now.Take control of your life and health by knowing your blood pressure readings.Age is not a barrier....
#lifefrom30hypertensionawarenessgroup#


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTH BENEFITS OF HWENTIA

Hwentia has a wide range of biological and anti microbial activities. It is used for the treatment of cough, convulsions, inflammations, high blood pressure, asthma, cancer, rheumatism, dysentery, constipation, epilepsy, dermatosis, headache etc and these are attributed to the wide variety of secondary metabolites in its plant. It gives a good flavoring to soup, stews and even porridges. It can be crushed, grounded or used in whole and removed from foods after cooking and about to be served.

EFFECTS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON THE EYE.

Tiny delicate blood vessels supply blood to your eyes. Like other vessels, they too can be damaged by high blood pressure. High blood pressure can damage the vessels supplying blood to your retina, causing retinopathy. This condition can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision. If you also have both diabetes and high blood pressure you are at an even greater risk.  Monitor your blood pressure today.