Skip to main content

I AM YOUNG BUT PREHYPERTENSIVE

I  am a 23year old guy and a final year student  at the University.My mum is hypertensive and I see her taking her medications most frequently.Seriously, I  didn't know high blood pressure was hereditary till I read it on your page.Although my lifestyle is not the best to be considered as  healthy but I do well with  my exercises at the gym centre.And I thought that was cool for my age.This statement kept ringing in my ears"Do you know your reading?",till I went to a clinic nearby to check my blood pressure reading.I was amazed when the nurse explained the readings to me after several checks(130/89 - 132/90mmHg).My heart began to beat more faster than normal but after the education by the nurse and doctor on duty,I felt better and wanted  more of the education.After checking my blood pressure for three days,the doctor confirmed me as Prehypertensive and told me how easy to work on it with lifestyle modification but not medications.They told me more of all that you have been sharing on your page.Now I've taken this high blood pressure campaign serious by urging all my friends to know their readings and also adopting to healthy lifestyle.Please the earlier the better,don't see yourself to be young.Know your blood pressure readings.....
                                                                                                       By Ekow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTH BENEFITS OF HWENTIA

Hwentia has a wide range of biological and anti microbial activities. It is used for the treatment of cough, convulsions, inflammations, high blood pressure, asthma, cancer, rheumatism, dysentery, constipation, epilepsy, dermatosis, headache etc and these are attributed to the wide variety of secondary metabolites in its plant. It gives a good flavoring to soup, stews and even porridges. It can be crushed, grounded or used in whole and removed from foods after cooking and about to be served.

EFFECTS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON THE EYE.

Tiny delicate blood vessels supply blood to your eyes. Like other vessels, they too can be damaged by high blood pressure. High blood pressure can damage the vessels supplying blood to your retina, causing retinopathy. This condition can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision. If you also have both diabetes and high blood pressure you are at an even greater risk.  Monitor your blood pressure today.