Skip to main content

THE REASON WHY I STOPPED SMOKING......

Smoking was normal for me after the death of my parents.I had smoked at least a pack a day  since age 18.I used to work with a big insurance company in this country but i lost my job  through my smoking habits.There was no way i could work for hours without a stick in my  mouth.All advices from colleagues,family and friends were like noise in my ears.
My whole life changed when i went to the clinic with a chronic cough but was diagnosed of  Pneumonia with query Lung Cancer.I read on it on the internet and didnt believe i was a step  closer to my grave.I also got to know so many effects of smoking and it seems I was even  blessed to be diagnosed of this at age 38 despite my heavy consumption of cigarette.I quit  smoking that day and never went back.It wasn't easy though.I got cravings but everytime i felt  like smoking,I would go for a run or brush my teeth to replace the desire of nicotine with my  toothpaste.My doctor referred me to the psychologist and that really helped me alot.I  remember sometimes i had to run  miles when i got cravings just to avoid a stick.I stopped  attending places where people smoked and moved away from all my friends who also smoked.I  became so conscious of my health that i took fruits and vegetables continuously for three    months without any other food.
Two years after,I feel much better,i'm no more a candidate for lung cancer,i save more  money,and have my own company now.If  I've been able to stop,I know you can also stop  it.....you just have to be determined....... by Kofi Koomson, Accra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTH BENEFITS OF HWENTIA

Hwentia has a wide range of biological and anti microbial activities. It is used for the treatment of cough, convulsions, inflammations, high blood pressure, asthma, cancer, rheumatism, dysentery, constipation, epilepsy, dermatosis, headache etc and these are attributed to the wide variety of secondary metabolites in its plant. It gives a good flavoring to soup, stews and even porridges. It can be crushed, grounded or used in whole and removed from foods after cooking and about to be served.

EFFECTS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON THE EYE.

Tiny delicate blood vessels supply blood to your eyes. Like other vessels, they too can be damaged by high blood pressure. High blood pressure can damage the vessels supplying blood to your retina, causing retinopathy. This condition can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision. If you also have both diabetes and high blood pressure you are at an even greater risk.  Monitor your blood pressure today.