Skip to main content

THE LITTLE VOICE....

I saw a memo in my office about a blood pressure screening  and education exercise  by Life from 30 but I was never bothered  about it. Just because I'm too young(39yrs) to experience  hypertension. The screening commenced and I saw a lot of people participating. I laughed and said to myself,"people are really sick....even my juniors! ".I didn't take part during the whole process till the last day when a member of the Life from 30 team called me. In fact, I felt reluctant but I heard a voice telling me to go in order to prove to her I'm healthy. As courageous as I was, I had my blood  pressure  checked and I didn't believe the readings after four checks. The least reading was 160/121mmHg.The team educated me and ensured that I was seen by a doctor promptly. After several investigations by the doctor, I was diagnosed of hypertension. I'm  on antihypertensive drugs and on lifestyle modifications. My blood pressure is under control now. I believe so much that,it was Allah who spoke to me. What would have happened?.....Hmmm.... Thank you team Life from 30 . Allah bless you all...
#Lifefrom30hypertensionawarenessgroup#
                                     By Siedu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTH BENEFITS OF HWENTIA

Hwentia has a wide range of biological and anti microbial activities. It is used for the treatment of cough, convulsions, inflammations, high blood pressure, asthma, cancer, rheumatism, dysentery, constipation, epilepsy, dermatosis, headache etc and these are attributed to the wide variety of secondary metabolites in its plant. It gives a good flavoring to soup, stews and even porridges. It can be crushed, grounded or used in whole and removed from foods after cooking and about to be served.

EFFECTS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON THE EYE.

Tiny delicate blood vessels supply blood to your eyes. Like other vessels, they too can be damaged by high blood pressure. High blood pressure can damage the vessels supplying blood to your retina, causing retinopathy. This condition can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision. If you also have both diabetes and high blood pressure you are at an even greater risk.  Monitor your blood pressure today.