Skip to main content

TIGER NUTS ; APHRODISIAC OR MYTH

I am popularly known throughout Africa.  The hausa's in Nigeria call me Aya. Yoruba's call me Imumu. Igbo's call me Ofio and in Ghana, Atadwe is my name. Others, cutting across Africa, also choose to call me small tubers.                    
I am rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron to build strong bones and muscles.                      
I help fight malnutrition in under- developed nations due to my high source of protein. You all know protein help with the growth of new cells and tissues and since the male sperm is also a cell, I grow it too.
I lower high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, prevent hardening of arteries, heart attacks, stroke and activate blood circulation to all parts of the body not forgetting the male reproductive system, opening up its blood vessels and pouring more blood thus my attribute to cause errection.    
I contain vitamin E which is essential for fertility in both men and women.                   My milk is used to treat stomach pain, heal mouth and gum ulcers, and aid normal menstruation in women.                      
I am very cheap and can be used as a simple snack but most times I hear people complain I am too hard, well, I just intended to massage your gum but if you are not taking me to massage your gum you can just soak me in water for sometime. It will only make me a bit softer. Remember softer, not soft.
Until I come your way again, decide what you would really need me for.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTH BENEFITS OF HWENTIA

Hwentia has a wide range of biological and anti microbial activities. It is used for the treatment of cough, convulsions, inflammations, high blood pressure, asthma, cancer, rheumatism, dysentery, constipation, epilepsy, dermatosis, headache etc and these are attributed to the wide variety of secondary metabolites in its plant. It gives a good flavoring to soup, stews and even porridges. It can be crushed, grounded or used in whole and removed from foods after cooking and about to be served.

EFFECTS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON THE EYE.

Tiny delicate blood vessels supply blood to your eyes. Like other vessels, they too can be damaged by high blood pressure. High blood pressure can damage the vessels supplying blood to your retina, causing retinopathy. This condition can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision. If you also have both diabetes and high blood pressure you are at an even greater risk.  Monitor your blood pressure today.