Skip to main content

I WAS KILLING MYSELF.....

I am a health personnel and I have been working with a reputable hospital for the past years.Whiles so many people were enjoying a healthy and good living based on my education, I was enjoying ill health and Obesity. I knew the health benefits of most of the fruits and veggies but I never took them due to the cost. It might sound ridiculous but trust me, that was my challenge. I preferred spending money on heavy foods like banku, fufu and rice to buying 2 apples for 6.00Ghana cedis. I could even count the number of fruits and veggies I enjoyed  per year. I was not taking much at all

Well, my perception and attitude changed when I had a whole lot of sickness after a thorough laboratory investigation. I was killing myself gradually with my primitive ideas. My weight was 104kg but was still educating people on Obesity. Can you imagine! My  weight alone made me weak and felt sick always. I started thinking of the benefits of what I take than the cost. I then started with exercise which was no joke but I conquered it. I take a lot of the greens now more than the carbohydrates and drink more water too. Currently my weight is 70kg and I have no sickness in my body anymore. My normal weight is 65kg and I know I’m going to get there very soon. I have the cure to my sickness. They are three keys; water, fruits, vegetables and exercise. It works like magic, just know the health benefits of everything you eat and you will always eat what is best for you.
                                                                                                                                      Adwoa writes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEALTH BENEFITS OF HWENTIA

Hwentia has a wide range of biological and anti microbial activities. It is used for the treatment of cough, convulsions, inflammations, high blood pressure, asthma, cancer, rheumatism, dysentery, constipation, epilepsy, dermatosis, headache etc and these are attributed to the wide variety of secondary metabolites in its plant. It gives a good flavoring to soup, stews and even porridges. It can be crushed, grounded or used in whole and removed from foods after cooking and about to be served.

EFFECTS OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ON THE EYE.

Tiny delicate blood vessels supply blood to your eyes. Like other vessels, they too can be damaged by high blood pressure. High blood pressure can damage the vessels supplying blood to your retina, causing retinopathy. This condition can lead to bleeding in the eye, blurred vision and complete loss of vision. If you also have both diabetes and high blood pressure you are at an even greater risk.  Monitor your blood pressure today.