I can be found anywhere in the backyard local households as well as farms. I have large green leaves and appreciated most when I am used in stews or soups in the African kitchen. Like other leafy greens I am low in calories and high in dietary fiber. I contain vitamins, minerals and I am rich in folic acid. Because of my low fat content I reduce the risk of cancer and heart diseases. I am good for persons with type 2 diabetes because of my high magnesium and low glycemic index. Most people find it difficult in getting my English name as such my local name has prevailed in most educational books till date. Some people have given me English names like Taro leaves or African Spinach. Any other you have also heard me being called? Let us all know and learn.
An Asian species of flowering plants in the mulberry family known as the common fig or just the fig. Native to the Middle East and western Asia, it has been sought out and cultivated since ancient times and is now widely grown throughout the temperate world both for its fruits and as an ornamental plant. Figs are good sources of energy, carbohydrates, protein, vitamins such as B1, B2, B3 etc, minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and manganese.

Comments
Post a Comment